Thursday, July 25, 2013

letting go

It wasn't until after the birth of NPF4 that I started letting go. I had to in order to maintain some type of sanity. I can go to bed with the house semi-messy {still can't have dishes in the sink}, with laundry left in the dryer and shoes sitting by the front door. Yes, this is letting go for me. Yes, my house still looks like a museum but mostly because the Big Guy refuses to let go.  He's a work in progress. At some point I imagine he'll surrender.

I no longer beat myself up for not working out 7 days a week.  I'm satisfied with sweating it out at the gym 2-3 times a week instead. I've even taken a break from my passion; running.  If I can manage a 4am or 11:30pm run I do it.  If not, so be it.

So when the addition we just put on our home turned into a dance floor (a rather expensive one}for M and her friends I just let it go. My visions of mimicking a space similar to the images in Coastal Living have quickly dissolved.  Instead I'm on the hunt for a disco ball. Strangely enough, I'm okay with it. The joy M and her friends get from dancing, running in circles, and rolling around on the floor is better than any imagine in a home decor magazine. Well, kind of.  I still swoon over every single pic in Coastal Living. 






 So cheers to dancing {naked & painted}kiddies, disco balls and just letting go... xox

No comments: